What is Rotary?
Rotary is an organization of community and professional leaders united worldwide who provide humanitarian services, build goodwill and promote peace globally. Rotarians are more than a million strong in 160 countries worldwide. Rotary clubs meet weekly and are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds. Rotary’s main objective is service in the community, in the workplace, and around the world.
The Rotary motto is “Service Above Self.”
The Four-Way Test
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
What Rotary Does
Together with our partners, neighbors, and friends, we’re:
- promoting peace, encouraging dialogue to foster understanding within and across cultures
- fighting disease, educating and equipping communities to stop the spread of life-threatening or preventable diseases
- providing clean water, building local solutions to bring clean water and sanitation services to more people every day
- saving mothers and children, expanding access to quality care, so mothers and children can live and grow stronger
- supporting education, expanding access to education, and empowering educators to inspire more children and adults to learn
- growing local economies, creating opportunities for individuals and communities to thrive financially and socially
- eradicating polio, uniting the world to end polio, once and for all
Rotary Clubs Near You
Rotary Club 2934 is just one of many clubs, grouped by districts throughout the world. Our club is part of District 6360, which encompasses all of Southwest Michigan and most of Mid-Michigan.