Applicants shall follow the following policies in considering financial requests to the Rotary Foundation of Jackson, Michigan.
The Foundation prefers grants having one or more of the following objectives for programs and projects within Jackson County, Michigan:
- Assistance to people with disabilities.
- Promotion of youth activities.
- Establishment, maintenance, and enhancement of public parks and recreational facilities.
- Development of vocational skills.
- Promotion of international understanding.
- Preference is given to projects approved by local Rotary Clubs.
- Number of persons to be benefited:
- The Foundation prefers to benefit the public at large, rather than a few persons.
- The Foundation will only make grants to public-purpose tax exempt organizations.
- Nature of the grant request:
The Foundation prefers to make grants with a lasting impact rather than pay for operational expenses.
- Availability of funds from other sources:
The Foundation will generally take into consideration of other sources of funding.
- Size of request:
The Foundation prefers requests that it can satisfy within one year.
Applicants shall provide a report of used funds, including narrative descriptions and photos, within 60 days of the project’s completion.